[Asterisk-Users] Fedora Core 2 firewall rules - NO NAT!

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Nov 30 13:19:52 MST 2004

> I managed to get some more IP's from my ISP and am considering putting my
> Asterisk box on one of them, so it is not behind NAT anymore :)
>
> However I need to make sure it is secure, is anybody else doing this
> who would be
> so kind as to share their firewall rules/ideas?

Lots of folks are doing it, and practically all ITSP's are doing it.

If you're not sure how to secure the box, there are several well written
documents from various security groups to help you. In a nut shell,
disable all services that aren't needed, ssh term sessions only, and
secure those services that you absolutely need. What's left running,
ensure those apps are up2date.

Rich