[Asterisk-Users] Really Get 96 Simul Calls?

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Nov 30 09:55:54 MST 2004

Hey guys,
 I'm looking for some realworld specs on somebodys machine that will work
with the Digium 4-port T1/PRI card and that will support 96 simultaneous
calls.

Dell is soon to release the PowerEdge 1850: 2U, Dual 3.6Ghz Xenon, 1Gb DDR2
RAM, Dual 36GB Ultra320 SCSI RAID, Hot swap Powersupply, one 64bit 133Mhz
PCI and one 64bit 100Mhz PCI for about $3,000.

Tack on a 4 port Digium card and you have a Cisco AS5300 that can do FAR
MORE for $15,000 less.

I just need to know if this machine can support 96 simul calls in all kinds
of configurations:

Ex 1: 48 calls come into PRIs 1&2 and I send them back out PRIs 3&4.
Ex 2: 96 calls come into PRIs 1-4 and I send them all out over ethernet via
SIP to a carrier.
Ex 2a: All outgoing 96 calls as SIP are G711.
Ex 2b: All outgoing 96 calls as SIP are G729.
Ex 3: 96 calls come in via SIP (some 711, some 729) from carrier and I
terminate on all 4 PRIs

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Matthew