[Asterisk-Users] cisco dial-peer voip

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Nov 30 06:51:33 MST 2004

I think you may be disappointed.  Cisco cannot 'hair-pin' VoIP calls.
My last attempt at this was with the 12.2T series, so it may work with
newer IOS releases, but I wouldn't be surprised if not.

If you cannot send the VoIP calls directly from Asterisk, I suggest
trying a more specific Destination-Pattern on Dial-Peer 40, and/or
using Answer-Address to identify the calling numbers to be linked
to this peer.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Jan Baggen
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 5:36 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] cisco dial-peer voip

I have 2610 XM with 1 Fastethernet and VIC2-2BRI. Dialin and dialout
over
pots is ok. Also inbound pots calls get redirected to Asterisk y.y.y.y
So far so good.

But I want to setup VOIP sessions with local carrier. I added dial-peer
40 for this. Session target x.x.x.x But calls will always get routed to
the pstn peers 50 and 60. Peer x.x.x.x is never contacted or tried.

My situation:
PSTN -> CISCO -> ASTERISK  OK
ASTERISK -> CISCO -> PSTN  OK
ASTERISK -> CISCO -> VOIP  NOT OK (only needs outbound calls)

SIP01#sh dial-peer voice summary
dial-peer hunt 0
TAG    TYPE  MIN  OPER PREFIX    DEST-PATTERN      FER THRU SESS-TARGET
STAT
PORT
10     pots  up   up                                0 down 1/0/0
20     pots  up   up                                0 down 1/0/1
30     voip  up   up             2012345..          0  syst
ipv4:y.y.y.y:5060
40     voip  up   up             .+                 0  syst
ipv4:x.x.x.x:5060
50     pots  up   up             .+                 5 up   1/0/0
60     pots  up   up             .+                 5 up   1/0/1

dial-peer voice 10 pots
 description INBOUND CALLS PSTN BRI0
 incoming called-number 2012345..
 no digit-strip