[Asterisk-Users] Is the wcfxo driver sharing an interrupt with Intel 82801DB-ICH4(sound card)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Nov 30 06:16:40 MST 2004

On November 30, 2004 07:44 am, Dave Cotton wrote:
> But surely if it's showing in cat /proc/interrupts it _is_ loaded.

Well yes.  :-)

> In my experience timer, wcfxo and LOC show similar counts when all is
> going well. If they are not roughly similar that's when the problems
> start.

This is an interesting observation, perhaps you should make mention of it in
the wiki where all the interrupt sharing problems are mentioned?

It doesn't look like it works in all cases though:

(TDM430P on a P3/700 system)
 12: 4283712709          XT-PIC  eth0, wctdm
LOC:  818934339

(TE405P on a Xeon 2.8 system (SMP/HT kernel))
104: 4062533873          0   IO-APIC-level  t4xxp
LOC:  406289899  406289898

Neither of these sytems have any issues, aside from the TDM430P which has the
same problem everyone else's TDM430P seems to have (needs a roughly monthly
module unload/reload to correct weird issues).

-A.