[Asterisk-Users] Comparision of IAX2, FWD, iaxtel etc etc.

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Mon Nov 29 21:16:24 MST 2004

You're welcome.

> So it looks like I should concentrate on getting FWD working
> both ways  via my Asterisk box, assuming I can manage to
> negotiate my NAT router.

That sounds like a solid plan to me. The folks you want to connect to
through FWD can be instructed to install the Pulver.communicator
(http://www.pulver.com/communicator/), which is easy for newbs to set
up, or, anyone with SIP endpoints can register with FWD and use their
SIP devices, while you have it all nicely tied in with your Asterisk.
When you're ready to go to IAX, you'll be coming at it with a solid
foundation.

> I managed to sign up with voicepulse.com (connect account)
> and was able to call a friend of my wifes in the US this
> evening, very impressive! Snag was I could not get her off
> the phone, I think she was on about 45 mins for something
> like $1.20, very impressive!

It cost MONEY?!?! Oh no! THAT'S not right . . . ;-)

Cheers,

Jim