[Asterisk-Users] Small PBX setup

ast at uc9.net ast at uc9.net
Mon Nov 29 10:48:09 MST 2004

Hi all,

I know that this has been passed around before, and I know that it
happens about every 3  months or so, but evertime the answers change, so I
thought I would pass it around again.

A company I work for has 3 incomming lines and 4 phones.  They require
voicemail and MOH.

Their phone systems VM hard drive died today, they were quoted a $2000 to
replace it.  I started to talk to them about asterisk and what it can do,
and they were very happy.

My question is would you guys setup an anolog system or VOIP for the
phones.  There is not a local VOIP provider in our area, so we can not
port the 3 pots lines.

They will never have a need to  take the phones "home" with them.
They have a  local area network and a 2 pair phone jack to each desk.
They don't plan on expanding soon.

Would ADSI phones be a good choice? Would VOIP phones make a better
choice?  Is Asterisk a good choice?

Thanks in advance,
Mike