[Asterisk-Users] asterisk newsgrup proposal or phpBB forum

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Nov 29 15:07:36 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 23:02 +0000, Corvin wrote:
> Dnia poniedziałek, 29 listopada 2004 21:32, Steven Critchfield napisał:
>
> > Instead of starting a new flame over the stupidity of that, I'll point
> > you to the archives via google to see how it is percieved.
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=phpBB+site%3Alists.digium.com
>
> Nice answer.
> Really what about *NNTP newsgrup*?
> It is somehow organized.
> I know that phpBB forums even those reasonable have bad opinion
> mostly in older users. But nntp?
> I don't want to make flames.

Not everyone has decent access to NNTP either due to firewalls coporate
or otherwise or are under a quota due to the amount of illegal activity
that appears there. Add to it the inability to control spam or kick an
unruley users if the need arises. NNTP doesn't solve any problems, and
phpBB creates a bunch.

Better question is why do you feel there needs to be a change?