[Asterisk-Users] Fedora Core 3 & TDM400P cards?

Mitchell S. Sharp mss-maillist at innohost.com
Mon Nov 29 14:17:13 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 14:00 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > Has anybody managed to get Fedora Core 3 and the zapata drivers working with the TDM400P
> cards?
> >
> > Everything is going fine until I do
> >
> > modprobe mcfxs
> >
> > Any ideas?  It's a straight install of Fedora Core 3.
>
> The driver for the TDM400P card is wctdm. Not sure what a mcfxs happens
> to be. The old wcfxs was renamed to wctdm some time ago.

I hadn't run into this problem on FC1 or FC2, but this was the first
time I've tried running * on a Linux 2.6 kernel.  I have a single
TDM400P with 3 FXS modules.  I use the init script found
in /usr/src/asterisk/contrib/init.d/, although I had to modify it a
little for the first time.

I can't remember all the error messages I was getting when I first tried
all this, but this is what I ended up with.  In the init script I load
"wcfxo wctdm".  I also had to add some delays during the module loads.
I found that when I loaded modules by hand on the command line and then
ran ztcfg, it worked, but when I used the init script I got errors.  I
modified the start section of the init script to be this:

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        # Load drivers
        rmmod wcusb >& /dev/null
        rmmod wcfxsusb >& /dev/null
        rmmod audio >& /dev/null
        action "Loading zaptel framework: " modprobe zaptel
        sleep 1
        echo "Loading zaptel hardware modules: "
        for x in $MODULES; do
                echo -n "     $x "
                modprobe ${x} >& /dev/null
                echo " - Sleep 1"
                sleep 1
        done
        echo "     Sleep 3"
        sleep 3
        echo
        action "     Running ztcfg: " /sbin/ztcfg
        RETVAL=$?

        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/zaptel

        ;;

For some reason the sleeps were needed to allow things to settle?????
There's my technical description!  :-)  If anyone has any suggestions of
a better way to handle this, I'm all ears!  The sleep issue may be
related to the motherboard I'm using as it's the first time I've run *
using this particular board (Tyan Thunder LE S2510U3NG).

Anyway, hope that helps someone!

Mitch Sharp
Innovative Solutions
http://www.innosol.com