[Asterisk-Users] asterisk based bbs

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Nov 29 07:30:27 MST 2004

On November 29, 2004 08:37 am, lenz wrote:
> yes, I think so. that could be a viable usage. also for small groups of
> people willing to share a message with each other.

Meh -- My time is more valuable than that -- why listen to people talk when I
can read a dozen messages in the same amount of time?  Sure it's a little
more "personal" but it's the same reason I prefer to listen to radio than
watch TV -- there are less senses involved, so I can essentially multitask.

Now if I were trying to do some kind of dating service, it's better to involve
more senses but when you're talking about straight information exchange and
indeed with anything technical, it seems that text and diagrams are best
unless there is a specific need to communicate something audibly or that
involves change with time (i.e. motion).

Just my $0.02, having been in this kind of situation many times over the last
two decades or so.

-A.