[Asterisk-Users] UK available SIP phone?

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Mon Nov 29 06:48:12 MST 2004

On Sunday 21 November 2004 12:03, Clive Carter wrote:
>  >Hi,
>  > Anybody here from the UK using Asterisk at home?
>  >I'm looking for a SIP phone which will work with Asterisk and
>  >not leave me broke!
>  >
>  >I got one of the Tecom ones from Solwise but it refuses to
>  >login to Asterisk server for some reason. May have to send it back.
>  >
>  >What are the other options please?
>  >
>  >Thanks
>  >Mike
>
> I use Grandstream Budge Tones. They are cheap, and some people say they
> look it, but they work !
> I have also got ipDialogs SipTone II. They are twice the price, and
> although I have got the basic functions working, for some reason they
> just will not connect to VoiceMail

I have used both sipura 2k's and ata286 - both worked perfectly with my dect
phones.
Currently 2K is connected to DECT, ata286 to fax and a 7960G for main use.
I have in the past had budgetones and yes, they do look cheap - but so what if
it's only for home use.
I work from home, hence the 7960G (I simply needed more lines). But imho
you'll struggle to beat a sipura 2K with a good quality DECT phone - although
that works out a similar price as my 7960G.

HTH
Jon