[Asterisk-Users] D-LINK PoE switch, does it work with cisco or do I need to do the cable trick?

Garry Taylor garry at steelclaws.net
Mon Nov 29 06:16:08 MST 2004

It depends on whether the D-LINK injects the power into the "unused wires"
or whether it injects the power into the TX and RX pairs? Look at the UPDATE
at the bottom of the page you mentioned. 3com inject the power into the TX
and RX pairs, so if the end device is not fully 802.3af compliant in anyway
(like these Cisco phones), then to bad, or buy the 3com covertors first. -
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?tab=features&pathtype=purchase
&sku=3CNJVOIP-CPOD