[Asterisk-Users] D-LINK PoE switch, does it work with cisco or do I need to do the cable trick?

Daniel Chester subs at bluedragoninc.com
Sun Nov 28 23:27:57 MST 2004

As an alternative to the "expensive" PoE switches out there, I found the
D-Link Web Smart DES-1316 switch for just around $400.  Now, the issue
is, it does 802.3af power and, as I've found out through previous
discussions, this original 76?0 series phones (the non G variety) do not
use 802.3af.  So I'm assuming I just need to use the special cable thing
as per http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Cisco+POE and it will work.  Is it
this simple to save myself $1000 over the next lowest price PoE switch?