[Asterisk-Users] PRI Dialing failure?

mfarver at ticom.com mfarver at ticom.com
Sun Nov 28 16:00:52 MST 2004

I figured it out.

The key was that the mitel was always dialing channel 14, Asterisk was
always dialing channel 1.

When I reconfigure asterisk to round robin dial the PRI group it started
at 1 and worked upwards.  If the channel in the debug output is >9 dialing
works.  It appears that the bottom 8 of the PRI channels are DID only.

So by changing my zapata.conf to this:

#Verizon
switchtype=national
context=external
signalling=pri_cpe
#Channels 49-56 are DID only
group=>2
channel => 49-56
group=>3
channel => 57-71

and setting the extensions.conf to dial group 3 yt works...

Thanks for the tip to the PRI debug output.

Mark Farver