[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail configuration via PostgreSQL?

Tim Mattison tim at marocon.com
Sun Nov 28 14:31:55 MST 2004

I've been looking at the wiki and the source for a long time now and I
just can't seem to get this straight... is VM config by PostgreSQL
functional?

>From what I've seen it looks like it isn't.  I've noticed:

  1) Setting USE_POSTGRES_VM_INTERFACE to 1 in apps/Makefile sets CFLAGS
to include -DUSEPOSTGRESVM and adds "-lpq" to the compiler's command
line.
  2) USEPOSTGRESVM isn't mentioned anywhere in the source except for the
above Makefile.
  3) libpq isn't mentioned anywhere except cdr_pgsql.c (and CDRs work
with PostgreSQL on my machine) and app_sql_postgres.c.

Are these signs all red herrings?  Does this actually work for anyone?
I'm using CVS HEAD as of a few hours ago, BTW.

Thanks,
Tim Mattison
tim at marocon.com