[Asterisk-Users] SetVar ALERT_INFO

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Nov 28 10:45:53 MST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Brian West wrote:

> ; make sure ring is set to default
> exten => s,n,NoOp(${ALERT_INFO})
> exten => s,n,NoOp(${_ALERT_INFO})
> exten => s,n,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=Bellcore-r3)
> exten => s,n,SetVar(_ALERT_INFO=Bellcore-r3)
> exten => s,n,NoOp(${ALERT_INFO})
> exten => s,n,NoOp(${_ALERT_INFO})
>
> Its very helpful if you actually set them to something.  The existence of
> the variable isn't enough.

What the original poster said was that even though he set the variables to
nothing the observed effect was as if they still were set. And what you
are saying is that it is not enough to assign an empty value to the
variable to undo the effect of having set the ALERT_INFO?

Fair enough. If my unserstanding is correct perhaps someone can add a note
to the wiki? It is not totally obvious.

Peter

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv at psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF