[Asterisk-Users] newbie problem

Ricardo Andere de Mello gandhi at quilombodigital.org
Sat Nov 27 10:56:39 MST 2004

Hi,
I have a very newbie question, I asked this at the digium support, but
they did not answered yet, so I hope you can help.

I just bought the digium developer kit (TDM400P), installed everything,
all messages seems ok, but I can't make it work.

* a normal telephone and a line connected to the board
* modprobe wcfxs = ok
    leds go on an I hear a small click at the phone.
* ztcfg = ok (two channels found )
    Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
    Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
* asterisk running with all verbose in console and remote mode.
    only chan_skinny and chan_phone had problems to load.
* The config files seems ok.

Problem:
According to the config files, by pressing 9 I should have the line to
dial outside, but absolutely nothing happens. I tried the other numbers,
with no response, The phone is mute (only a subliminar energy sound and
the dtmf sound when I press the keys).

How can I find what I did wrong? the verbose and the messages at
/var/log/messages says everything is ok.

When it was compiling, there was a little issue at the zaptel drivers,
and I had to change a inline function position to compile correctly.
(source from cvs)

I'm in brazil, can this be some problem with the telephone line? I
changed the setting to use loadzone and defaultzone "br", but this not
worked either.

Can I execute something at the CLI to hear it at the phone, just to see
if everything is ok?

[]s, gandhi

--
Ricardo Andere de Mello