[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream BT102 Busy signal on hangup

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Nov 27 06:17:23 MST 2004

Wilson Pickett wrote:

>>hangup hangs up the channel, thats why you get a busy sound on your phone.
>>you have to phsically hang up the phone.
>>

>Which is basically happens when someone hangs up on you, no? ;)

Not really, no.

On an analog line, after 30 or so seconds, yes this is the norm.  On a
digital line (Definity PBX) the line is dropped and the phone hangs up
itself.  Figuring the later was a closer match to Asterisk,  I was
guessing this behavior.
I guess I can put a wait(5) or so to give the end user time to hangup
before being hit with a busy signal.

Thanks!

Doug