[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Nov 26 22:35:19 MST 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Rich Adamson wrote:

[SNIP]

> What if you have a single port T1/E1 card from digium? No decision to
> be made really; you're going to sync from the other end if it goes
> higher in the hierarchical chain. If the port goes to a box consider
> lower in the chain, then the distant box should be configured to
> accept clock sync.

How about the following topology for a bit of discussion:

Telco -> T100P -> * Server A -> IAX2 -> * Server B -> T100P -> PRI PBX

In this case, we have Server A pulling timing from the telco, ensuring
they are in Synch. On the other side of the IAX2 link, we have Server B
generating timing onto the span for the PBX to listen to. T100P is set to
emulate an NI-2 switch.

Seems to work without much of a problem, as it should! ;)

                             KP-216-121-ST