^5 [Asterisk-Users] problem with chan_unicall.c for Asterisk

HO SIN hosin_8888 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 19:07:23 MST 2004

Hi Kaws,

I may need to add some notes;

1. The default .rpm version of libtiff in RH9 does not seem to contain some functional entries required for libunicall / libmfcr2.  Therefore when compiling libunicall "unresolved references....." will happen.  To solve this, I needed to recompile libtiff from the tarball.  When installing libtiff, the default directories will be under /usr/local, so you will need to link /usr/lib/libtiff staff to /usr/local/lib/libtiff staff.

2. The installed libtiff from tarball still does not contain tif_dir.h and tiffiop.h in right place (i.e. /usr/include or /usr/local/include), so you need to copy these staff from "libtiff" directory under the untarred directory.   In fact you do not need to use Steve's header files if you do like this.

3. At least the latest version of spandsp, libunicall and libmfcr2 can be compiled against the correct libtiff installation.   The libspandsp should be installed first among all others as libunicall and libmfcr2 requires libspandsp (though Steve's web starts from libunicall).

4. I still cannot run TESTCALL application correctly for Brazil, though.  I wonder if this happens country specific or not, so please input your result in your country's implementation.

HOSIN

 kaws  elchamal <alfdz16 at hotmail.com> wrote:

hello HO SIN

thank you

l'll try this solution and i'll inform you

See you

kaws