[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

"Dr. Fernando Macías Garza" fmacias at validata.com.mx
Fri Nov 26 13:24:35 MST 2004

It seems to me that if not all cards are clocked from the same source,
then each one should be able to get its own external clock. However,
card 0 has an external clock, but card 1 does not. Look at this:

#cd /proc/zaptel/
# grep ClockSource *
1:Span 1: TE4/0/1 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" HDB3/CCS ClockSource

Again, card 1 does not show up here and, of course, zttool reports it as
clocked internally. The first spans in the cards are configured to be
primary sync sources:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
span=5,1,0,ccs,hdb3

I am sure the line connected to span 5 is a good clock source. This
morning I exchanged this line with the one clocking span 1. Card 0
reports a valid clock, while card 1 does not.

Bug in zaptel or ztcfg?

Fernando