[Asterisk-Users] Which modem is known to work with asterisk?

Michael Vogel icarus at dabo.de
Fri Nov 26 07:09:40 MST 2004

Soren Rathje schrieb:
> Michael Vogel wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>The question for me is, if I buy this card for a little money or if I
>>buy an external modem with voice chipset. There _should_ exist some.
>>But I don't know which ones.
>
> If the pictures show the true card....
>
> Check first!!! I've seen this so many times before - old picture, new card,
> different chipset.

Yeah. We spoke about different things. I wanted to use "chan_modem" to
connect it to the PSTN. But as I just found out it is only half-duplex.
So this option isn't an option anymore. The option with using Intel
Chipsets sounds interesting but the problem is - as you said - if its
the right chipset, ...

Thanks for the both eBay-links. At first I try a cheap oem x100p cause
the dealer assured me it will run in germany and with asterisk.

Bye!

Michael