[Asterisk-Users] Where did USE_MYSQL_FRINDS go ? What to use ?

hhandresen hhandresen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 00:56:56 MST 2004

11-10-2004 there was a subject:
Re: Where did USE_SIP_MYSQL_FRIENDS go?:
on asterisk.user list.

 >All db specific code has been removed from the code in favor of the
 >currently-in-development "RealTime" method of configuration from
 >database.
 >You are most likely not using the 1.0 stable branch.

 >You need to use the new RealTime configuration method. And currently,
 >there is only support for odbc. I am currently in the final stages of
 >finishing the RealTime MySQL driver. You can either revert back to 1.0
 >or wait a few more days for this dev code to be released.

I simply cant find the 'new RealTime method'. I properbly looking the
wrong place....

I had try to look at extconfig.conf but as I read the readme.extconfig
it says it for STATIC config

 >External configuration is configured in /etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf
 >allowing you to map any configuration file (static mappings) to
 >be pulled from the database

Can someone give me a hint, please.

What is the new Asterisk cvs way do to this ?
If it IS the extconfig does someone have examples for configfiles ?

/HH