[Asterisk-Users] Billing (itemized) in the UK

Robinson Tim-W10277 Tim.Robinson at motorola.com
Thu Nov 25 08:08:59 MST 2004

You just need to do something like

exten => _9.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/1666$CALLERIDNUM${EXTEN:1})

You can also do some useful translations like

exten => _9[2-8]XXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/1666$CALLERIDNUM0113${EXTEN:1})

This will look for 9, then a local number beginning 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 , and
dial out the extension number, followed by the 0113 area code.

You will need to make sure that 999 and 112 go direct to BT by using
another line in the extensions file. E.g.
exten => 9999,1,Dial(Zap/g1/999)
exten => 9112,1,Dial(Zap/g1/112)

And probably

exten => 999,1,Dial(Zap/g1/999)

Just to be on the safe side!

You could also write a little macro to kick another user off their call
to allow the emergency call to get priority.

There is just so much cool stuff you can do.  But do test well!

Rgds
Tim