[Asterisk-Users] oh323/g729 and DTMF

Al Escasa alejandrin0 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 07:32:42 MST 2004

In my oh323.conf, i am using:
userInputMode=TONE

Is everyone trying to say that i have no hope using
oh323 when using inband DTMFs? is this problem of
asterisk? the protocol? the codec? i wish there is
still some kind of workaround.. =(

I also set inBandDTMF=yes (am not sure if that helped
but nothing happened when i tested again).

Whats the differnce between purchased licences and
passthru mode? I am able to make calls using oh323 and
the codec being used is g729 (since this is the codec
used by our VoIP provider).
But my problem is, the incoming VoIP call seems like
it could not select any keys coz there's no response
(my analysis it is not responding to the DTMF signal).
Anyways, here is part of my extensions.conf under
h323:

[voip-h323]
exten => ${DNIS_TEST},1,Ringing
exten => ${DNIS_TEST},2,Playback(record1)
exten => ${DNIS_TEST},3,Background(silence/3)
exten => 1,1,Goto,nmailbox|s|1
exten => ${DNIS_TEST},4,Dial(Zap/7,5,T)
exten => ${DNIS_TEST},5,Goto,operator1|s|1
exten => ${DNIS_TEST},6,hangup

If you will notice, step 3 will wait for the user to
input 1 if he wants to go to voicemail. This config
works when coming from a PSTN line. But when using
Voip, there is no response.

Lastly, if this is really going nowhere.. Can I use
SIP instead of oh323 in solving this problem of
capturing user's input?? If so, any ideas to go about
it?

If you guys need to view some more of my config, I'd
gladly post it.. =)

Thanks again! and more power!
-Alejandrino