[Asterisk-Users] Billing (itemized) in the UK

Peter Hoppe peter at radioworldwide.org
Thu Nov 25 06:33:45 MST 2004

Thank you very much for the answer! I think it is a good path to look at. I have had a look through
our paperwork for the present pbx, and I found one document that seemed to indicate we have to dial

1666<extn><dialled_number>

to give the extn info to the telco. The paper is a bit old (1999) and since then we have changed our
telco, but I guess that this protocol is still valid. This afternoon I will hook up a recording
device on the line and see which digits are actually dialled when I dial an outside line. From the
recording I should be able to reconstruct which digits have actually been dialled by the pbx.

If the protocol is correct, I could construct a dial command such as

exten => _9.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/1666<ID>${EXTEN:1})

or so - I would just need a way to construct <id> - and then any caller from an inside device would
just prepend a '9' before the real number. I probably would also bar simple '9' dialling to get an
outside line... lets see.

Keep you posted, and so many thanks for all the help!