[Asterisk-Users] How to make/recieve call using asterisk when thereis a power failure?

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Thu Nov 25 04:26:47 MST 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 09:59:58PM +1100, Bob Purdon arranged a set of bits into the following:

> >An E1 termination can require local power. In that case you will have to
> >provide backup power to it. Some get their power from the central office,
> >in which case this is not a problem.
>
> In our neck of the woods (Australia) the dominant carrier typically
> deploys one of two solutions:
>
> (a) E1/PRI over copper - I haven't seen this for a long while, but I
> believe they're line powered;
The one we got installed today (yes, really) at work wasn't line
powered, another bloody wall-wart to go with the others. However that
was shipped as an OnRamp 30 (ie a euro PRI), whereas the E1 data link is
also locally powered, but with power coming from the curb.

We're just outside the Melbourne CBD (next to melb-uni if people care)
and now have 2 E1's, 1 data, 1 ISDN voice, and about another 1/2 dozen
analog trunks. (Plus the two ADSL links)