[Asterisk-Users] How to make/recieve call using asterisk whenthereis a power failure?

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Thu Nov 25 04:09:11 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Svensson [mailto:psvasterisk at psv.nu]
Sent: 25 November 2004 10:54

>> They work just fine if your pstn provider is at all serious. If not,
>> switch. They don't belong in the pstn business anyway.

BT so you probably have a point.  To be fair to BT I'm not saying that
the ISDN does drop during power outage
I was simply speculating on the reasons for what I was told, I suspected
that this was old wives tails.

>> An E1 termination can require local power. In that case you will have
>> provide backup power to it. Some get their power from the central
office,
>> in which case this is not a problem.

This is what I assumed but since couldn't base this on experience I
bowed to louder mouths

>> Man, you must have nice and quiet customers.

I think the reason they are quiet is because historically they haven't
had phones without power.
Further to this I bet they were simply told by their old school PBX
provider that such things were
"black magic" and not be used.  :-)

Thanks for clearing this up and confirming what I believed.

I think I will look into adding a UPS and connecting the * and the ISDN
wall box and maybe a handful of the DECT phones and the reception
phones.
This will be a nice mix between cost to functionality I think.

Cheers

Alex

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.  If you are not the addressee, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.