[Asterisk-Users] (for FC3 too) Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Thu Nov 25 03:31:14 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 04:21 +0100, Patrick wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 15:22 -0500, Doug Campbell wrote:
> [snip]
> > I have found that I can overcome this error by just unloading the
> > module and then loading it again:
> [snip]
>
> Or try to wait a few seconds for udev to catch up by putting in between
> "sleep 5".

This type of problem is being discussed on the Mandrake Cooker (dev
version) list. It also affects other things. The general feeling is that
one should use a test loop to check the presence of devices because
waiting does not guarantee that it is there.

For the moment I've fallen back to the "good old way" I'll wait 'till
udevs is really sorted out, or dropped like devfs :)

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>