[Asterisk-Users] internet bandwidth

Vlasis Hatzistavrou vhatz at auth.gr
Thu Nov 25 03:19:41 MST 2004

Hello Michael,

Sorry for the late reply. The 17kbps are for the G723.1 at 6.3kbps. The
additional overhead which increases the bandwidth usage etc depends on
the codec. It's not a fixed overhead in bandwidth for all codecs.

You can find a few free codec/bandwidth calculators at:

http://www.voipcalculator.com
http://www.packetizer.com

Best regards,
Vlasis.