[Asterisk-Users] Haven't got a clue ...

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Wed Nov 24 13:01:48 MST 2004

Asterisk wrote:
> On how to even search for this "feature" as I have no idea on what it can
> be.
>
> I've got a meridian linked to * (by EuroISDN) which is linked to a ISDN30.
>
> I can make calls from the meridian, and receive calls into the meridian.
> Great stuff.
>
> However, if someone dials an invalid number, then instead of hearing a
> "three tone", the line just drops and goes dead. The console does not really
> give any clues (verbose as verbose can be). I've verified that the dialled
> number is invalid by calling it with a mobile, and I get the "number is
> incorrect".
>
> How do I pass that information back to the callee ?
>
> What I suspect is happening is that the caller uses zap/g4 (the link to the
> meridian), * tries to dial on zap/g3 (the link from * to the isdn30), finds
> that the number is invalid, drops the channel on zap/g3. Zap/g4 therefore
> cannot be connected, and it is dropped as well.

You must have a PRI.  This is good. See the [macro-dial-result] in
http://www.fnords.org/~eric/asterisk/downloads/macros.inc

On a PRI the Dial will exit and provide you with a ${HANGUPCAUSE} with
the cause of the disconnected call.

--
I am seeking part or full time employment in Toronto, The Netherlands,
or Belgium.  My preference is part time employment in Toronto with