[Asterisk-Users] asterisk gui?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Nov 24 10:50:10 MST 2004

> Just wondering how difficult it would be for AMP devs to develop a
> install wizard or a batch file that  can automatically execute the
> install and download necessary dependencies... until then, I guess
> I'll be continuing to manually config my asteisk files....

IMO the brutal part was resolving the dependencies. Once that was done, just
follow all the instructions on the guide (even the old one) and you
shouldn't have problems, even for a noob. I suck at Linux admin and I got it
to go just fine.

You have to give Coalescent a break on this, there's no business model in it
for them to make good docs or an install script to make AMP work perfect
every time. They have a payroll to make, and a $220 bounty probably isn't
going to cut it for them.

This, on Slashdot yesterday, was interesting and worth a look:

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/23/1835258&tid=190&tid=185&ti
d=106

The Holy Grail of a unified (truly - unified) package manager??