[Asterisk-Users] How to decrease the speech volume for record?

Guild Jackson guildjackson at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 10:31:21 MST 2004

Hi there,

I would like to know if it is possible to decrease the
speech volume that asterisk aplies into the wave form
transmitted.
Actually I´ve been running some tests with the
purpouse to transmitt a speech from asterisk A to
asterisk B and, then, in asterisk B, record this
speech into a .wav file.
I have noticed that this speech is recorded with its
gain anplified and it is affecting the measures I want
to do.
I have tried to modify the txgain and rxgain variables
found in the zapata.conf files but none of these seem
to affect or modify the amplification I get in the
speech recorded.
Can someone help me with that?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Guild Jackson