[Asterisk-Users] gateways failover with asterisk

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Wed Nov 24 10:02:41 MST 2004

brett-asterisk at worldcall.net wrote:
> john rival wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've searched the archive but can't seem to find the answer to my
>> problem.
>> i have two gateways running with asterisk , my question is : is there
>> any possibility to do failover with gateways with asterisk ? i mean
>> that if one gateway is down , asterisk switch automatically to other
>> gateway .
>> i have succefully used failover with limit number off calls (if gw1
>> have max calls ,asterisk swith to gw2) , but now i want if it is
>> possible  if  gw1   is down ,asterisk go out over gw1 ?
>
> You could do a pri+101 on the dial.. so if the first dial fails, try the
> second.

What if the destination number is busy?  Then a second call (using the
second gateway) would be made to the same number.  Use ${DIALSTATUS} to
see the status of Dial.  See README.variables and [marco-stdexten] in
extensions.conf.sample.

--Eric

--
I am seeking part or full time employment in Toronto, The Netherlands,
or Belgium.  My preference is part time employment in Toronto with