[Asterisk-Users] Caller id problem

Garry Taylor garry at steelclaws.net
Wed Nov 24 09:17:45 MST 2004

I have been using an X101P for sometime now and caller id works great, my
telco passes the number and also the name if one is associated. For local
calls, the name is the same as the number, for overseas calls the name is
"OVERSEAS" or for no number local calls the name is "PRIVATE". Now I have
changed to a TDM400P card with FXO ports and now I only get the number, the
name shows up as "UNKNOWN NAME". I know the telco is still sending the name,
as I can still see it on the X101P. Anyone got any ideas? Zaptel version is
1.0.2. Extension config is -

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Wait(1)
exten => s,2,Dial(ZAP/1,20)
exten => s,3,Voicemail(u104)
exten => s,102,Voicemail(b104)
exten => s,103,Hangup

zapata.conf is -
[channels]
; general settings
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
immediate=no
callprogress=no
busydectect=yes
busycount=4
;
; to enable/disable music onhold
musiconhold=default
;
echotraining=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
;
signalling=fxs_ks
group=2
context=incoming
channel => 3-4 ;TDM400P
;

The analog phone I am using can display both number and name, and I am using
the same config on both PBX, except for the group statement and the channel
statement is 1 of course.

Regards
Garry Taylor