[Asterisk-Users] [OT] PoE switch question (Netgear FSM7326P

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Wed Nov 24 09:07:47 MST 2004

Joe Greco wrote:

> I think he was talking about using external PoE injectors located by the
> hub, so there would be no need for anything other than a big-ass central
> UPS.

Yes, I was. And what would be _really_ slick is if some forward-thinking
company would produce "real" PoE mid-span injectors that use an
_external_ 48VDC power supply, so I can power a group of them off of a
48VDC UPS, rather than going to 120VAC and back. In fact, I could just
use a Valcom A Battery supply and charger to power them, and it would be
cheap and clean.

Just waiting for that 48VDC powered PoE mid-span injector to arrive :-)