[Asterisk-Users] Which modem is known to work with asterisk?

Michael Vogel icarus at dabo.de
Wed Nov 24 08:28:43 MST 2004

Soren Rathje schrieb:
> Michael Vogel wrote:
>
>>What does that mean for me? Is it illegal to use it in germany or do
>>they don't work in germany?
>
> They will *probably* work in Germany..

;-)

> Check with "T" if they allow non-CE approved equipment, not that I think you
> will go to jail but in case of problems they will throw the blame at you
> regardless..

;-) I just thought about the "good old times" with the Zyxel U1496 ...

>>>Alternatively the TDM400P is using a global chipset -- WITH SUPPORT
>>>FROM DIGIUM.
>>
>>Hmm, the TDM400P is "a little bit" more expensive than the X100P,
>>isn't it?
>
> Well, if you buy new brakes for your car on eBay.de they will work but you
> get no guarantee,

They _could_ work. But since my life depends on it, I would make no
experiments with this.

> if you buy them in the autoshop you will get 2 years
> guarantee but they will cost you more...

The question for me is, if I buy this card for a little money or if I
buy an external modem with voice chipset. There _should_ exist some. But
I don't know which ones.

But before I would buy a TDM400P I would by a second telephone. ;-)

Bye!

Michael