[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with ISDN

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Wed Nov 24 06:35:24 MST 2004

Wengrzik, Andreas schrieb:
> hello
>

>>isdn4linux is one solution. another is to use an HFC PCI card with
>>bristuff from http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/. I'd recommend the
>>latter

> my problem is that i in first step i have to use asterisk only for sending an error message as wave file
> to a specified number.
>
> Theres no money for new hardware right now :(
> I have an AVM Fritz card and this should do the job.

The Fritz! card is supported using the chan_capi available from the
above address as well.

Configure your linux machine to recognise your AVM card incl. the CAPI
support. After you suceeded there, go to the next step to install the
asterisk. Search the mailing list using google for chan_capi, and the wiki.

You don't need additional hardware.

rgds
pos