[Asterisk-Users] Horrible BUZZZZ noise when sounds/music play on SIP phone?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 02:14:50 MST 2004

Hi,
I've recently set Asterisk up, 1.0.2 version. With 1 x X100P card and
1 SIP phone.
I've noticed some horrible buzz/rasping type of sounds! These seem to occur when
* is trying to play back some audio or sound to me?

E.g. If I have an exten rule which plays one of the music on hold
files when I dial 800 lets say,
I get a really loud buzz for about 2 seconds and then the music plays.

E.g. 2. If I dial 500 to connect to Digium, as the call is connecting
I get the same loud
buzz noise for 0.5 seconds or so.

Not sure where this is coming from? I did a search on the wiki for
buzz/hum/rasp but could
not find anything.

Thanks

Mike