[Asterisk-Users] Forwarding calls

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Tue Nov 23 23:12:41 MST 2004

ismaelg wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I want to setup Asterisk to forward a call if the dialed extension is
> busy. I do not want to wait on the line until the extension timeout
> expired. What I want is when I dial am extension currently Busy (Talking
> with someone), asterisk inmediately forwards my call to an extension I
> previosly defined.

You should check out the Wiki at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Dial under the section
"Return Codes".

Basically: when dialing an extension which is currently busy, execution
will continue in the current context at priority n+101. So you could
have something like:

exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/techie,30)
exten => 1000,2,Hangup  ; goes here if techie doesn't answer in 30 secs
exten => 1000,102,Dial(SIP/trekkie,30)

flynn