[Asterisk-Users] Fw: Gift for Mark Spencer

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Nov 23 20:17:25 MST 2004

Joe Greco wrote:
> I'll further note that I did receive a copy of the spam in question.  While
> I did not choose to complain to the relevant sites about it, or to post a
> message to the mailing list, the Boulder Pledge is certainly applicable -
> I will not be contributing towards a gift effort that spammed.

	While I usually refrain from the discussions such as this one, this
comment has left me utterly disgusted.

	What mailing list is this? Asterisk-Users.  Why do we even HAVE
Asterisk?  Because Mark Spencer and the folks at Digium (and others)
have been busting their butts to provide such a quality piece of
software.  You wouldn't even have a mailing list to complain on if it
weren't for Mark.  Not only would I love to contribute to this, I think
the whole idea of a hot tub and it being a surprise is wonderful
(assuming Mark can keep his laptop out of the tub).  Furthermore, how
else are you supposed to contact the 8,000 or so people on this list
(without posting to it directly, and thus blowing the surprise)?  The
"Batlight" from Batman?

	I was looking for an excuse to pay more than the suggested $20, and I
think I found it...

--
Kristian Kielhofner