[Asterisk-Users] Can isdn data calls routed through 2 t100p's

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Nov 23 14:41:07 MST 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Chad Sawyer wrote:

> I have a pri comming into a t100p in my asterisk box.  I have a second
> t100p configured as pri_net connected to a nas server.  I can route
> modem calls to the NAS with no problem, but I am concerned about isdn
> data connections.
>
> Will asterisk route 64k isdn calls between 2 t100p's?  Also, should I
> expect worse modem connections than normal?

Not exactly what you asked, but Asterisk routes Unrestricted Digial
connections between two pri:s on the same TE405P for us. I guess it should
work between two T100Ps as well.

There are differences between the two setups. When using separate cards
you have the possibility of timing slips since the clock can not be
carried from one card to another. Also, when bridging within a card the
data stream does not have to touch the pci bus / main cpu.

Peter