[Asterisk-Users] SIP Registration failed notices

Bruce Komito brucek at bagel.com
Tue Nov 23 07:47:57 MST 2004

For some time (since pre 1.0), I've been seeing the following messages
fairly regularly from some, but not all, of my SIP devices:

Nov 23 06:37:59 NOTICE[2568]: chan_sip.c:7645 handle_request: Registration
from 'John Doe <sip:9005552368 at 100.200.200.100>' failed for '200.100.50.25'

I have a mix of Sipuras, Grandstreams, ZIPs and Ciscos, but the message
seems to come mostly from Sipuras.  The message doesn't necessarily result
in the registration being lost, but that is not always the case, which
leads me to think that I've been ignoring this long enough.  I looked in
the chan_sip code and all I can glean from reading it is that there was
something in the REGISTER request that * didn't like, but I can't tell
from the message what it is or why it doesn't like it.

Does anyone know what this message means, why it appears and what I should
do to get rid of it?

TIA

Bruce Komito
High Sierra Networks, Inc.