[Asterisk-Users] which ISDN Card?

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Mon Nov 22 22:34:17 MST 2004

On man, 2004-11-22 at 15:03, Rubens Sanchez wrote:
> Hello, I am a newbie with asterisk; I´ve searching the mailinglist,
> www.voip-info.org, isdn4linux web... But I don´t know which isdn  card to
> buy.
> I want the * box to be able to send faxes, and obviusly to send and receive
> calls.
> 1) What do you recomend me?
> 2) Would AVM ISDN Fritz Card PCI V2.0 work? and Eicon Diva ISDN Modem PCI?
> 3) Do you know any cheap site to buy?

First of all, where on the Globe are you ?

In Europe the AVM Fritz will work, without problems. The Eicon Diva not,
you would need a Eicon Diva Server card, which is pretty expensive. You
can also opt for HFC-S based cards, using bristuff/zaphfc.

In the US you would be forced to use a Eicon Diva Server card or any
specific other card, that supports the ISDN protocol provided by the
telco you are connected to.

Slán Leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire