[Asterisk-Users] Uniden UIP200 configuration -- manual MIA?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Mon Nov 22 22:17:21 MST 2004

Hi, all.  Got my Uniden UIP200 today (ordered from thetwistergroup.com),
and was very excited to set it up... until I came to the realization
that there were no docs with it whatsoever.  There was, however, a sheet
of paper with the stock warnings (don't use the phone in the tub, etc.),
AND a URL -- for documentation.  Score!

Well, no.

The URL it gave me, bcs.uniden.com, does indeed have docs: for the
user.  Nothing about the administrator, how TFTP needs to be configured,
how to "unlock config" (an LCD panel option), etc.  As far as I can
tell, all of this is simply missing.  Now, maybe I'm just dumb, but I'm
thinking that there's an admin manual I didn't get.  Anyone have any
pointers?  Either web-wise, or simple stuff like the password for the
"unlock config" option?

Thanks much...

Ken D'Ambrosio