[Asterisk-Users] Fw: TDMoE over bonded NIC's

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Nov 22 14:36:22 MST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Kevin Brennan wrote:

> > Using iax trunking will also loose the advantage of being tdm all the way,
> > i.e. low latancies. If the rest of the setup is tdm there is a lot of
> > value in not going to voip for one hop.
>
> This is what I was thinking, FAX would be more reliable (low latency) if I
> used TDMoE. Setup is Box A has PRI interface, all faxes coming from PSTN on
> that then a direct connection (through switch) to Box B running spandsp. So
> what about scalability problems, or other disadvantages with TDMoE over IAX,
> are there any ?.

I assume you will want several boxes for spandsp, otherwise it may be
better to put both functions on the same machine. Not that I have tried or
anything so you will have to test it.

Anyway, the TDMoE emulates a T1 or E1 if my memory serves me. When you set
up a TDM link you create a virtual link (T1/E1) that goes to a given
ethernet address. There is a subaddress field that allows multiple
virtual T1/E1:s to the same destination.

You may want a dedicated interface for the TDMoE traffic. I suggest you
try it and see if it works for you.

Peter