[Asterisk-Users] Patching asterisk for spandsp

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Mon Nov 22 14:24:49 MST 2004

Steve Prior wrote:

>> I just ran into this last weekend.  I believe that you are using a
>> version
>> of spandsp which is for an older version of Asterisk.
>> Good luck
>> Steve

Just read the patch file and update Makefile by hand.  In the patch
file, the statements with '+' in column one are added to Makefile.  The
statements before and after the '+' statements locate where in Makefile
the '+' statements should go.

> I forgot to mention that I didn't yet get fax tone detection working, my
> success so far has been setting up an extension for spandsp which I am
> calling from my fax machine on another extension.  The fax machine is
> hooked up to a fxs port on my TDM22B.  I haven't tried it yet, but I
> believe that the fix is in adding one of the following to zapata.conf:
>
> ;faxdetect=both
> ;faxdetect=incoming
> ;faxdetect=outgoing
> ;faxdetect=no

You'll want faxdetect=incoming

> I also think the following are needed:
>
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes

Steve Underwood says not to use echo cancel on a fax line.

Mike

--
Michael Welter
Introspect Telephony Corp.