[Asterisk-Users] edirecting calls with Asterisk

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Nov 22 11:11:16 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 18:57 +0100, ismaelg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying a couple of days before to set up asterisk to redirects an
> incoming call if the extension dialed is busy without success.
>
> I just try to use 'Gotoif' command, with bad luck, it can't do what i want.
>
> Anybody could helpme?
>
> ani clue will be appreciated.

Did you bother reading the sample configs? I'll admit the copy I am
pulling from is a little old, but in the example config I see this
example. If you can't figure out how to do what you need from this...
you will have a very rough time with anything else.

[macro-stdexten];
;
; Standard extension macro:
;   ${ARG1} - Extension  (we could have used ${MACRO_EXTEN} here as well
;   ${ARG2} - Device(s) to ring
;
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG2},20)                                   ; Ring the interface, 20 seconds maximum
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)                            ; Jump based on status (NOANSWER,BUSY,CHANUNAVAIL,CONGESTION,ANSWER)

exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(u${ARG1})               ; If unavailable, send to voicemail w/ unavail announce
exten => s-NOANSWER,2,Goto(default,s,1)                 ; If they press #, return to start

exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(b${ARG1})                   ; If busy, send to voicemail w/ busy announce
exten => s-BUSY,2,Goto(default,s,1)                             ; If they press #, return to start

exten => s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)                               ; Treat anything else as no answer

exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${ARG1})                             ; If they press *, send the user into VoicemailMain