[Asterisk-Users] Problem with fax tone (CNG) from TxFax and busydetect

John Hill jhill at noach.com
Mon Nov 22 10:25:10 MST 2004

>I'm losing call files in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing because * isn't
>able to detect the busy signal.  The call file looks like this:
>
>Channel: Zap/g2/3036701917
>MaxRetries: 1000
>RetryTime: 60
>WaitTime: 45
>Application: TxFAX
>Data: <filename>.tiff|caller
>
>Using the "|caller" parameter, TxFax injects the fax tone
>(CNG) onto the
>line.  With the CNG tone, asterisk is unable to detect the busy tones.
>
>If I were to remove "|caller" then the receiving station wouldn't
>receive the CNG tone and possibly not direct the call to the
>fax machine.
>
>Is there a way for * to detect busy tones while ignoring
>(filtering) the
>fax tones?

I have a similar problem:
I dial out but no CNG signal is sent at all. It is as if the auto-dial
program never sees the line has been answered. It never calls the
application.
I set it up to dial my cell phone. I answer and nothing, dead. I hang up and
the script hangs up.
My call file is set up as yours.

John