[Asterisk-Users] codec translation

kido noagbodji kido at cafe.tg
Sun Nov 21 16:45:49 MST 2004

Hello,

I have a sattelite link (expensive link) and we are very concern with our bandwidth usage. I would like to force asterisk to place outgoing call(over the sattelite) to g729 codec no matter what codec comes to asterisk. So asterisk will be making translation from the incoming codec (ALaw, Ulaw, GSM, Speex, etc) to the G729 and sending it towards the provider. it should be able to do so in the second direction. G729 to Alaw etc ....
Is that possible with asterisk? is there an options in the dial command?

Thanks

Kido