[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Sun Nov 21 10:07:26 MST 2004

On Sunday 21 November 2004 11:50 am, Gregory Junker wrote:
> > Another strong possibility is that after a while, few operators would be
> > willing to continue holding their arms in the air to operate a touch
> > screen.
>
> Why would they be holding their arms in the air? You mount the touch
> panel in the same place at the same angle as the current console...
>
> Greg

Yes, that would be a better way. But that also requires the available desktop
space to do that. Either way I'd make sure operators were happy with that
before investing all my beans into it. A keyboard is usually a better all
round solution. If not as fun.

I investigated doing the same a while back, but ran into these issues that
makes it less workable. In the end I decided against it. But I'd love to see
someone being successful with it as it looks "snazzier".
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin